Local help available
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Offers crisis care for people in urgent need of help with their mental health.
- Sussex Mental Healthline is now available 24 hours, every day.
- Psychological support is also being offered to people who have general concerns about their mental health.
Free support for people with mental health needs, those with a personality disorder and individuals at risk of homelessness.
- Offering assessments and referrals welcomed.
- Up to 12 1:1 sessions over 3-6 months.
- Services running online and by phone.
- Groups are being held on Zoom.
- Help desk open from 10:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday on 01444 416391.
- Live chat on Website and Facebook.
- Advice and information on Facebook.
Free mental health support for people aged 16 to 25.
- Accepting referrals.
- Virtual youth group every other Thursday afternoon 14:00 to 16:00.
- Facebook and Instagram pages.
YMCA DownsLink Group e-wellbeing
A website for young people around their emotional health and wellbeing.
- Online information
- Self-referral link
Relate North & South West Sussex
Counselling and support on all aspects of relationships, for individuals, couples, families and children and young people aged 11 to 19.
- Counselling continuing online and by telephone.
- Also now available are one-off counselling sessions, for people who may be experiencing anxiety and stress due to the current situation, with subsidies or free sessions for those in need.
- For more information or to make an appointment call 07799 170582 or 07423 147915, Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00.
Capitol Project Trust
Mutual support to improve mental health and rebuild confidence and skills through training, involvement and volunteering.
- interactive supportive service via telephone, text and email providing regular contact to members.
- internal Facebook group to provide information and assist people to make informed decisions.
- Fortnightly newsletter.
- Register by telephone on 01243 869662.
Mind in Brighton & Hove
Promote good mental health in the city and across Sussex with services focusing on information, rights and involvement.
- Offering services through telephone, text, online and email.
- Open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 66 69 50
Mind Peer Support
- Receiving referrals and currently a low waiting list.
- Provide 1:1 support over 12 sessions.
- Working online or by phone.
- For more information please call 01403 211593.
Advice and support on how to make small changes to improve health and wellbeing.
- Referrals possible by phone or email.
- Telephone and video consultation service to support clients in a wide range of areas, including: weight management | exercise/ physical activity | nutrition | smoking cessation | alcohol reduction | sleep | low level mental health | general wellbeing
- Running online exercise and nutrition classes Monday to Friday at 10:30 on Facebook page and website.
Carers Support West Sussex
Supporting family and friend carers with practical information, guidance and emotional support.
- Now working with anyone, not just carers.
- Still taking referrals.
- Counselling only available to existing clients as waiting list currently 6 months.
- Will be running virtual support groups for dementia and mental health, with high ratio of staff to attendees.
- Increased call back service where needed.
- Details on the website COVID-19 hub.
Autism Support Crawley
Support group for and by parents and carers of children and adults on the Autistic Spectrum or with other social communication difficulties.
- dedicated volunteers are using their Facebook page to provide support and signposting.
Time To Talk
Free Talking Therapies service to help with anxiety and depression.
- Services now being offered by phone and video.
- The CBT waiting time is still long.
- Referrals from GP’s by email or self-referrals online.
Sussex Recovery College
Free educational courses that focus on mental health and recovery
- Moving activity online.
- Courses will be open to all and enrolment via website.
Rethink Sahayak Asian Mental Health Helpline
Helpline providing confidential, emotional support and information in Asian languages for anyone affected by mental health issues.
- Service still available via single phone line.
- Free call number and opening times are given on the website.