Local help available
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
Offers crisis care for people in urgent need of help with their mental health.
- Sussex Mental Healthline is now available 24 hours, every day.
- Psychological support is also being offered to people who have general concerns about their mental health.
- Time to Talk
Free Talking Therapies service to help with anxiety and depression.
– Services now being offered by phone, video and webinars.
– The CBT waiting time is still long.
– Referrals from GP’s by email or self-referrals online.
An alliance of organisations working across West Sussex to offer a single point of access for Mental Health services.
Visit their website here.
Free support for people with mental health needs, those with a personality disorder and individuals at risk of homelessness.
- Offering assessments and referrals welcomed.
- Up to 12 1:1 sessions over 3-6 months.
- Services running online and by phone.
- Groups are being held on Zoom.
- Help desk open from 10:00 to 16:00, Monday to Friday on 01444 416391.
- Live chat on Website and Facebook.
- Advice and information on Facebook.
- Be OK
Free mental health support for people aged 16 to 25.
– Accepting referrals.
– Virtual youth group every other Thursday afternoon 14:00 to 16:00.
– Facebook and Instagram pages.
YMCA DownsLink Group
Youth advice centre at Foyer, open to community as well as residents.
- Any young person under 16 in need of mental health support, can be supported with referrals to our Mind The Gap service, YMCA Dialogue Counselling or Youth Emotional Support.
- Mind the Gap
Looking to open up service to 11- 25 year olds.
A website for young people around their emotional health and wellbeing:
– Online information
– Self-referral link.
Relate North & South West Sussex
Counselling and support on all aspects of relationships, for individuals, couples, families and children and young people aged 11 to 19.
- Counselling continuing online and by telephone. With all safeguards in place, some face to face counselling offered.
- Also now available are one-off counselling sessions, for people who may be experiencing anxiety and stress due to the current situation. Subsidies dependent on income are offered.
- For more information or to make an appointment call 07423 147915, Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00.
Capitol Project Trust
Mutual support to improve mental health and rebuild confidence and skills through training, involvement and volunteering.
- interactive supportive service via telephone, text and email providing regular contact to members.
- internal Facebook group to provide information and assist people to make informed decisions.
- Fortnightly newsletter.
- Contact by telephone on 01243 869662 to register for more information.
Mind in Brighton & Hove
Promote good mental health in the city and across Sussex with services focusing on information, rights and involvement.
- Offering services through telephone, text, online and email.
- Open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 66 69 50
Mind Peer Support
- Receiving referrals and currently a low waiting list.
- Provide 1:1 support over 12 sessions.
- Working online or by phone.
- For more information please call 01403 211593.
A public health funded council employed free service, that supports the health and wellbeing of those who live and/or work in Crawley. Advice and support on how to make small changes to improve health and wellbeing.
- Referrals possible by phone or email.
- Telephone, email and online consultation service to support clients in a wide range of areas, including: weight management | exercise/ physical activity | nutrition | smoking cessation | alcohol reduction | sleep | low level mental health | general wellbeing
- Find out what is being offered on their Facebook page and website.
Carers Support West Sussex
Supporting family and friend carers with practical information, guidance and emotional support.
- Now working with anyone, not just carers.
- Taking referrals online from from clients and hospitals.
- Counselling only available to existing clients as waiting list currently 6 months.
- Running online support groups for dementia and mental health, with high ratio of staff to attendees.
- Call back service moving to weekly.
- Carers 3 monthly groups on line with peer support.
- Details on the website COVID-19 hub.
More details at: www.carerssupport.org.uk/caring-for/mental-health-carers/
Safe in Sussex
Domestic violence service for West Sussex.
- Freedom programme
– childhood experiences support
– 5 online groups
- Outreach – starting a helpline as cannot go into the community.
Autism Support Crawley
Support group for and by parents and carers of children and adults on the Autistic Spectrum or with other social communication difficulties.
- dedicated volunteers are using their Facebook page to provide support and signposting.
Sussex Recovery College
Free educational courses that focus on mental health and recovery
- Moving activity online.
- Courses will be open to all and enrolment via website.
Rethink Asian Mental Health Helpline
Helpline providing confidential, emotional support and information in Asian languages for anyone affected by mental health issues.
- Service still available via single phone line.
- Free call number and opening times are given on the Rethink website.
- Materials with more information can be downloaded here.
Specialised support service for women involved in prostitution across Sussex, Surrey and London.
- Sussex and Surrey teams continue to support women involved in prostitution by providing self-care kits, online outreach, and 1-2-1 support.