Recruiting Organisation: Crawley Community Action
Working hours: A minimum of 2 hours per week, discussed during interview.
Salary: Voluntary role though travel expenses shall be taken care of.
Location: The Orchard, Brighton Road, Crawley, Rh10 6AD
Crawley Community Action is an independent charity that offers advice, information, help and support to local charities, voluntary and community groups based in the Crawley area.
Purpose of the role :
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure ‘The Orchard’ reception runs smoothly.
What you will do:
- To help sort and distribute post
- To direct telephone calls as required
- To receive and frank outgoing post from tenants
- To receive parcels and packages delivered by couriers and distribution to user groups as required
- To help to keep the reception area tidy
- To maintain a display area of organisations’ leaflets / literature
- To direct members of the public around the building and to announce visitors where necessary
- To help Crawley Community Action and other tenant groups or visitor groups or organisations with tasks as necessary.
- To carry out the role in accordance with CCA policies including equal opportunities policy and practice.
- To observe strict and complete confidentiality regarding information obtained while carrying out the role.
- To attend any training courses and supervision sessions as requested.
Useful knowledge and skills
- Good written communication
- Good verbal communication
- Basic PC knowledge and skills
Anything else you need to know
We are a small friendly team and our volunteers value the good working relationships with colleagues. Volunteers in this role will be supported by the Premises and Resources Managers
What we offer you
- Travel expenses
- Access to relevant training
- Supervision and support
- Access to CCA events