Project Officer – Crawley Schools
Recruiting Organisation: Sustrans
Working hours: 18.75 hours per week – happy to talk flexible working
Salary: £28,211 per annum (pro rata)
Contract: Fixed term
Location: Local authority offices in Crawley with the flexibility to work from home
This is an exciting opportunity to join Sustrans and work in partnership with Crawley Borough Council Sustainability Team to deliver active travel initiatives in schools across Crawley.
- As the Project Officer, you will communicate confidently about walking, wheeling and cycling within schools and communities in Crawley.
- You will be working closely with schools, enabling the pupils and families in the surrounding area to leave the car at home for the school journey.
- You will engage with schools and communities across Crawley, developing and delivering activities and events that promote and enable all forms of active travel to school. This will be through practical skills, incentive programmes and classroom sessions.
- Contributing to the objectives of Sustrans and Crawley Borough Council, you will promote the benefits of active travel, including upcoming Schools Streets trials.
- You will build and manage internal and external relationships with key people such as school leadership teams, governors, parents and students.
- This role will require travel and work at locations as necessary to undertake projects on behalf of Sustrans.
- You will provide training and support to the school and community champions, enabling them to independently run events and active travel initiatives.
Read More and Apply here
Closing Date: 13 June 2023
Interviews will take place via MS Teams on the 20 or 21 or 26 June 2023.