Working hours: 10 hours per week
Salary: £7,218.93 per annum pro-rata (£27,071 full time equivalent)
Location: Burgess Hill Cherry Tree Centre with WFH hybrid flexibility
Mid Sussex Food Partnership (MSFP) is a network of social food providers and organisations, increasing food sustainability and security across the whole of the Mid Sussex area. This exciting new role provides an opportunity to significantly expand the development and delivery of local food work, particularly regarding food policy and systems. The role is funded through MSVA’s partnership with MSFP for 12 months and will report to a member of the Community Development team at MSVA.
Purpose of the role:
• To sustain a Mid Sussex Food Partnership (MSFP) vision to increase food sustainability and security for communities across the district.
• To support and continue to grow a membership of social food providers in Mid Sussex, who reduce food poverty and food waste.
• To develop and influence local food systems, distribution, and policy work across Mid Sussex, working with statutory and other partners.
• Support and grow our membership network of social food providers (especially supporting those in crisis and reducing food poverty and food waste) and community organisations working on food-related projects (including growing, local food production and distribution) in Mid Sussex and surrounding areas
• Work with our stakeholders ensuring that governance and financial policies are implemented and followed.
• Develop and lead the MSFP’s strategic and sustainable food policy work including public health, procurement, supply chain and waste management.
• Work in partnership with local statutory organisations and other parties to achieve the aims of the MSFP, including attend meetings and forums to represent Mid Sussex
Please send a CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here – MSVA | Job Vacancies
Closing date: Monday, 8 January 2024, 2pm
Interviews will take place: Monday, 15 January