Bank Peer Support Workers
Recruiting Organisation: Capital Project Trust
Working hours: Negotiable (Bank)
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Location: To work in acute wards in Sussex – locations to be discussed
Do you want to use your lived experience to help others?
Are you passionate about making a difference?
Capital is looking for people to join us on a casual basis joining the team of CAPITAL Peers. The peer teams work across West Sussex in hospital settings providing one to one independent peer support. They are looking for people who can offer a variety of hours to cover when staff are on leave. Support, supervision, and accredited peer support training will be offered.
Purpose of the Role
- To offer your lived experience to support others
- To offer both one-to-one and groups to support people throughout their inpatient stay
- To work in partnership with people who are experiencing mental distress in the acute setting
- To add support and value to the inpatient stay by working alongside someone with empathy and without judgement
- To use your lived experience to inspire hope that people can and do recover from mental health issues
- To develop your skills in order to improve your potential to grow and recover further
- To co-facilitate group activities and one-to-one support for in patients with other staff or volunteers
- To work in partnership with Sussex Partnership Foundation Trust (SPFT), ensuring that information is shared as necessary
- To abide by the polices requirements of CAPITAL Project Trust and any additional policy requirements of SPFT
- To participate in evaluating the hospital service to ensure patients have a voice.
- To use appropriate supervision to help to manage your own wellbeing and discuss any issues that arise
- To be supportive of your fellow peers
- To undertake any mandatory training and any other training requirements as agreed with your manager ensure that administrative processes are maintained according to CAPITAL’s policies and procedures
- To undertake any other tasks required for this role
CAPITAL Project Trust is working through a period of change and development and the post holder will need to be prepared to work flexibly within this changing organisation. This therefore may result in some changes to the key tasks of this role. They work in rural areas, so ability to travel is essential.
Read More, Download job pack & Apply here
If you would like more details about this role, please email Sara: firstname.lastname@example.org