Anti Racism Training on 19th July 2022
Heads On, a charity of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is inviting you all to the first Anti-Racism training seminar, delivered by-
- Dr Neil Singh (GP and Senior Teaching Fellow)
- Dr Arianne Shahvisi (Senior Lecturer, Medical Ethics).
Date: Tuesday, 19 July 2022, 10am-4pm
Venue – University of Sussex…RSCH, Eastern Road, Audrey Emerton Building ,Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 5BE and the training will be held in the Lecture Theatre.
To Register – – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/anti-racism-training-tickets-376193132787
- The science of race
- Power, privilege, and marginalisation
- How race intersects with sexism, migration, etc.
- Racism in healthcare
- The impact of racism on staff
- The impact of racism on patients and patient outcomes
Learning outcomes for the seminar program will be for attendees to:
- Become familiar with the topic: terms, concepts etc.
- To understand racism and how it links in to other axis of oppression.
- Be able to understand racism and have informed discussion in the workplace.
- Develop the confidence and humility to become effective change makers.
- Know how to escalate incidences of race discrimination and how to seek help.