Updates on Benefits
The Department for Work and Pensions are providing updated information on Coronavirus and claiming benefits.
With the changes to Benefits happening so quickly with the Covid- 19 outbreak, Social Welfare Training have summarised recent announcements:
- Universal Credit/ Tax Credits – Standard Allowance increase
- Local Housing Allowance Increase for HB and UC Claimants
- Reviews and reassessments for disability benefits are being suspended
- No requirement to attend jobcentre appointments for three months
- New Claims for Universal Credit up by 100,000s- request backdating if computer delays
- Free School Meals replaced by vouchers
- schemes for employed and self employed to have up to 80% of wages paid- consider a claim for Universal Credit in the meantime.
They have also put together a Briefing document, available here, which they will be keeping updated.