West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service has launched a public consultation around their proposals for Community Risk Management Plan 2022 – 2026.
This document sets out the direction of the service over the next four years, and as part of this they have six proposals that they are seeking feedback on.
You can find these proposals, along with the survey to take part, on the dedicated Community Risk Management Plan website here: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/crmp
These are also available on the website in an Easy Read format.
The proposals include:
• Enhancing retained (on-call) operating model
• Weekend protection, prevention and response improvements
• Improving protection, prevention and response performance in rural areas
• How WSFRS should deal with false alarms from automatic fire systems
• When WSFRS should review their Emergency Response Standards
• How WSFRS proposes to undertake a review of their specialist appliance requirements to consider current and future risks to firefighter and public safety
This is a key opportunity for communities and all partners to have their say on the proposals, and they will assess all of the responses and use to inform final CRMP which they intend to publish in spring 2022.
The closing date for responses is Friday 21 January 2022.
You can find more information on the six proposals and take part in the consultation here: https://yourvoice.westsussex.gov.uk/crmp