Inspiring Futures funding
The COVID-19 pandemic is heightening existing challenges for children and young people looking to access further education, training, and work.
BBC Children in Need and Youth Futures Foundation are partnering to deliver Inspiring Futures, a £6 million programme to fund positive activities which support children and young people to achieve their potential on their journey towards employment.
Applications are open for grants of between £10,000 and £80,000 project and organisational costs, including planning and development for the future, for work with children and young people aged 10 to 24, starting October 2020.
Eligible projects include:
- Delivery of positive activities like music, arts and sport that enables the development of work readiness skills and outcomes.
- Providing a trusted, consistent advisor to help children and young people overcome barriers and achieve their personal goals.
- Delivery of personalised vocational, academic or employability skills, enterprise training, job search, or work experience.
- Addressing barriers to employment such as mental and physical health problems, and housing issues.
- Supporting young people into further education, training or employment that they may otherwise not have accessed.
- Supporting young people through the provision of volunteering, work experience, paid jobs and transitioning to permanent work.
- Connecting young people directly to sustainable employment opportunities.
Applications close 11:30 on 31 July.
Find out more here.