How to recognise the signs of poor mental health and raise concerns
A new mental health informational video is available from 3VA, designed to help volunteers who are supporting their local community during the coronavirus pandemic recognise the signs of poor mental health and raise concerns.
The short video covers:
- An introduction to what mental health is
- The challenges of spotting poor mental health in the current climate
- Spotting the signs of distress
- Making the most of the interaction to support well-being (tips and tricks to open questions that could be used to open conversation around how the person is feeling and if they are struggling with anything)
- Feeling confident asking the person you are talking to about mental health
- Resources you can remind people about to support their well-being
- What to do if you are concerned.
Find out more here.