COVID-19 Emergency Support Fund – Round 2 open
This Fund aims to address the impact of COVID-19 on domestic abuse safe accommodation charities and the additional costs they are facing as a result. The remaining £1.85 million of the £10 million Fund is now open for applications of up to £ 100,000, on a rolling ‘first come, first served basis’.
The fund will support domestic abuse safe accommodation charities and help ensure that:
- Safe accommodation services can continue operating and keep bed spaces open for victims and their children fleeing from abuse during COVID-19 emergency.
- Safe accommodation services can help more victims access these life-saving services.
The funding is to be used for revenue costs (costs associated with maintaining existing services and additional capacity to meet increase in demand) incurred as a result of the coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak. This includes the following:
- Maintaining existing services (where not met by other income sources or fundable from existing resources of charity) such as:
- Staffing costs for additional staff cover.
- Purchasing of essential supplies, such as food and toiletries for residents where usual support channels are unavailable.
- Meeting additional COVID-19 costs, such as deep cleaning.
- Purchasing office equipment to enable remote working where this is practicable.
- Costs of services for additional capacity to help address increased demand, including accommodation costs of additional bedspaces and staff to support these additional victims.
Bids close 20 July 2020 or when the funding has been exhausted.
Full details and the application form can be downloaded here.
Emergency funding for domestic abuse safe accommodation
Fund to support victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence across Sussex