The new Covid-19 Voluntary Sector Impact Barometer is being run as part of a major new study using real-time data to explore how voluntary organisations are being impacted by the coronavirus pandemic over the next year
Results from the first survey have been released with a summary of the findings as:
- Finance: 2 in 5 (39%) voluntary organisations report that their financial position had deteriorated in the last month.
- Demand for services: More than half (56%) of respondents expect demand for their services to increase over the next month.
- Safety: 60% of organisations said that Covid-19 related safety measures have increased their operating costs.
- Impact on work: 8 out of 10 (80%) anticipate Covid-19 to negatively impact the delivery of their planned objectives over the next 12 months.
- Risk of closure: 1 in 10 (10%) organisations expect they are likely to have stopped operating by this time next year.
- Adaptability: 92% of organisations report an increase in delivering their services online.
Find out more about the study and how your organisation can take part here.