Volunteer : Community Group Leader
Recruiting Organisation: Age UK
Working Hours: 3 hours per week
Purpose of the Role:
As a Community Group Leader, you will run one of their fabulous Community Groups. This could be anything from arts and craft in a church hall, to a club in a pub, a theatre/cinema group, exercise/walking group or something else.
It will purely depend on what your interests are.
- To lead one of the Activity Groups situated around Crawley.
- To complete a simple register and take money (if applicable).
- To raise any questions/enquiries the Clients may have, to the Manager or Co-ordinator.
- To raise any concerns you may have about the Clients to the Manager or Co-ordinator.
- Good communication.
- Good listening skills.
- Friendly nature.
- Able to write basic notes.
- A professional manner.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Minimum three hour commitment a week.
- Alert the Manager or Co-ordinator if you have any concerns about a Client.
How will you be supported ?
You will be supported in the role, but will also be invited to attend volunteer meetings, where you will always be encouraged to voice your opinion or raise any concerns.
Induction and Training
You will be giving in house training to enable you to carry out the role effectively and be able to do so with confidence.
What will you get out of Volunteering?
- You will be making a difference to the lives of older people in so many ways, which is very fulfilling.
- You will also be able to gain some experience and knowledge in the role, to either build up your skillset or use to apply for a paid job.