Working in Partnership to Tackle Alcohol Dependency and Abuse
Public Policy Exchange are holding this online event regarding Harm Prevention, Treatment and Recovery.
Third sector organisations are invited to join in what will be an opportunity to respond to the needs of alcohol dependent drinkers and share best practice on planning for future prevention and recovery.
Topics covered in the webinar will include:
- Analyse how to deliver early interventions for individuals in ‘at risk’ groups
- Ensure effective population level actions are in place to reduce alcohol related harms
- Consider how to design co-ordinated local policies promoting less risky behaviours
- Determine how to offer greater support around training, education, voluntary work and the improvement of skills for employment
- Assess how alcohol misusers can access warm, safe and affordable homes suited to their needs in the community
- Scrutinise the link between alcohol, domestic violence and abuse and respond appropriately
- Discuss how to develop tailored treatment techniques based on individual dependency and resilience.
The event is being held on Thursday 22 October from 09:30 to 13:00.
Places cost from £89.
Find out more and register here.