Learning Together and Inclusion Coordinator
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Hybrid working model (combining both offices and at home working hours)
- Salary: £24,328
- Fixed-term to 31 March 2023, with possible extension
- Start date: ASAP
- Crawley Community Action, The Orchard, Brighton Road, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 6AD
- Deadline to apply – 27th April 2022
- Please complete the attached Application Form & Monitoring Form and return completed application form to: email@example.com
We are looking for a Project Support and Inclusion Co-ordinator who can work across two of our projects, The Thriving Communities Programme and Living Healthier Lives.
We need a self-starting proactive individual in this role who can support the South East Regional Lead to build an inclusive network of Voluntary, Community, Faith & Social Enterprise (VCFSE) organisations from across the region. You will support the Thriving Communities programme ensuring it progresses from strength to strength.
We have recently been awarded funding from the NHS Partnership Fund to deliver our project Living Healthier Lives, which is addressing health inequalities in Crawley’s diverse communities. To achieve this we are working with individuals and local groups to help improve the health and wellbeing of their communities.
You will need great communication skills in order to assist in developing and managing our relationships with network members and other stakeholders.
You will need good IT skills and be able to use Zoom and MS Teams with confidence. You will demonstrate attention to detail and have clear email communications with volunteers and organisations. This role needs someone who is well-organised, calm under pressure and has the ability to demonstrate empathy with the needs of our communities.
- To provide timely, flexible and proactive support to the Thriving Communities Regional Lead, including:
- Communicating with Learning Together members: inviting them to meetings and workshops.
- Monitoring SE Thriving Communities email: keeping a record of responses to meetings and events, flagging tasks or emails needing response but dealing with those using their own initiative where appropriate.
- Supporting with workshop programme – for example contacting regional partners, collating presentations, attending rehearsals and events to prepare for their smooth running.
- Technical support for online meetings: booking zoom calls on the account, co-hosting, managing break-out rooms and polls, monitoring the chatbox, noting key points to action.
- Reflecting upon duties: thinking about what works well and what could be improved.
- Supporting with the Thriving Communities Network by monitoring threads/activity, responding to queries.
- Providing admin support at monthly meetings by keeping a record of actions agreed to be shared with the group
- Working with the Thriving Communities Regional Lead, to organise the collection and collation of data required to monitor the service’s activities and to provide reports, as necessary.
- To oversee the delivery of the Learning Together team’s communications to volunteers and team members, including:
- Scheduling and implementing all routine communications, such as the monthly meeting schedule and sending invitations to training or events.
- To work with the project team and other partners to develop projects as part of Crawley Community Action’s Living Healthier Lives initiative by:
- Attending community events and developing relationships with people from Crawley’s diverse communities.
- Undertaking engagement and consultation activities to help understand the health needs of different communities.
- Working with others to develop new opportunities to improve the health and wellbeing of people from communities experiencing health inequalities.
- Provide effective monitoring and take a lead on the production of case studies from project participants.
- To undertake other tasks, as required, within the general remit and level of responsibility of the post that contributes to the smooth operation of the Learning Together SE team.
- Job satisfaction – knowing you are making a difference to communities
- 26 days Leave (plus bank holidays)
- Employer pension contributions after a qualifying period
- Mobile phone
About Crawley Community Action
Crawley Community Action is an independent charity that offers advice, information, help and support to local charities, and voluntary & community groups. We run various projects including Crawley Volunteers and The Crawley Social Prescribing service, as well as other community-based projects and initiatives.
Crawley Community Action is involved in a contracted project on behalf of the National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP). We’re working across South East England to support voluntary and community organisations to integrate with local healthcare and link up with support from national bodies to remain sustainable.